Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Two Flower Crocks: an iPad workflow

Here's an example of a common, everyday image that I like to capture and post-edit. I had been outside photographing the fall color, and as I started to enter the house these crocks caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I snapped a couple of photos and didn't think much about them until later.
My wife liked my workflow so much that the final image is now framed and displayed in a prominent spot on our mantel.

All post-processing was completed on an iPad 3 after importing the original iPhone 5s photo. iPad apps used in the workflow include Snapseed, ArtistaOil HD and Superimpose.

Photo-by-photo workflow


Original iPhone 5s photo unedited


Glaze: add texture


Snapseed: tuning image and adding selective adjustments



ArtistaOil HD: add paint effects. Note the difference in the tray's texture and the overall color saturation.


Superimpose was used to layer Snapseed and ArtistaOil HD versions. Then a mask was created to expose the two crocks from the Snapseed seed version on the ArtistaOil HD version. I wanted the color saturation from the Snapseed photo and the tray's texture from the ArtistaOil HD version.



No comments:

Post a Comment